Guess What Ride 31: 1963 Ford Tail Light Sort
GuessWhatRide is the GuysWithRides.com game designed to test your collector car knowledge. By 1963 the Jet Age was in full swing as car stylists continued to feature design elements meant to replicate turbine-powered planes at speed. Ford’s designs were arguably the most heavily influenced and 1963 proved to be the pinnacle as it was the last year all four of its car lines featured round tail lights meant to simulate jet engine exhausts.
The picture above contains the tail lights of the four cars Ford Offered in 1963 in alphabetical order: Fairlane, Falcon, Galaxy, and Thunderbird. This contest ran through the last two weeks of September 2020 and the correct order was: B-Fairlane, D-Falcon, C-Galaxie, and D-Thunderbird.
On Thursday, October 1st, 2020, the emails of all correct entries were entered into a drawing to win this Sonax Premium Class Carnauba Wax Kit courtesy of Car Care Specialties, a generous supporter of GuysWithRides.com.
Congrats to reader Edward S. for being the person randomly chosen! If you missed playing this game, please check our home page regularly as we’ll post our next Guess What Ride game very soon!
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per valid e-mail address.
- Offer valid only to residents of continental U.S.
- Only entries registered via the multiple-choice contact form in this post will be entered into the drawing.
- No written replies in either the comments on this website or from Guys With Rides’ social media accounts will be accepted.
- On Thursday, September 30th, 2020 Guys With Rides will draw one winner from all of the correct entries.
- The winner will be contacted to obtain their snail mail address to have a selection of Sonax Car Care products sent to them by Car Care Specialties Inc.
- Sonax, Inc. does not endorse this promotion.
- Immediate family and employees of Guys With Rides Exchange LLC are not eligible.
I remember when these were new…..
I believe your contest to have an error. The Fairlane taillight is a 64, not a 63.
Hi Michael, we stand by our current assertion all four taillights shown are from 1963 Fords. Please keep in mind backup lights were still optional in 1963 and different trim levels of the Fairlane could affect the tail light design.
Are you thinking Fairlane 500?
So what were the correct answers?
Hi Nelson, we revised the post and the correct answer as shown above was B,D,C,A. Thanks for playing!