Reserved Parking 28: 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Coupe – Make An Offer!
The Highest Offer Will Become The New Owner on Monday, November 9th, 2020!
Our Reserved Parking “Make An Offer” Listing Service Starts Monday, November 2nd, and what a better way to start than to offer our very own 43K Original Mile 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Coupe! While bidding begins November 2nd, we are open to offers before then: please feel free to call Rudy directly at (908) 295-7330.
We’re open to cash offers above $7,000 and we base our justification on two recognized collector car pricing sources. First, the NADA Guides Collector Car Online Valuation Tool currently lists its “Low”, “Average”, and “High” retail value range at $4,675, $7,450, and $12,000, respectively. Second, the Collector Car Market Review Online Tool for similar 1982 and 1983 4.1L powered models equipped with a moon roof lists their #3 “Good” estimate at $4,325 and their #2 “Excellent” appraisal at $11,250.
We became the third owners of this 39K original mile Eldorado in October 2019. The second owner, an 80-year-old gentleman from nearby Somerset, New Jersey purchased the car three years earlier from the original owner. Unfortunately, health issues shortly after his purchase meant we only added a few hundred miles before we bought it.
During the past year, we performed a number of repairs and upgrades that gave us the confidence in January to take the car on a 600 mile road trip to Buffalo and back. We bought the car with the intention of displaying it at more car shows as well as participating in the Antique Automobile Club of America (“AACA”) events, however, COVID-19 all but shut down those plans this year. We do enjoy driving the car on weekends to several different nearby Cars & Coffee events that continued in 2020.
Repairs and updates to date include:
- Replaced all deteriorated factory ABS bumper fillers with aftermarket fiberglass units.
- A new set of Cooper Whitewall Tires.
- Replaced the deteriorated hood insulation pad.
- New Alternator.
- All engine belts replaced.
- Rebuilt Brake Master Cylinder with complete brake system fluid flush.
- Replaced rear brake calipers with rebuilt units.
- Replaced six-way power driver- and power-passenger seat door switches and rebuilt seat motors for smooth operation in all directions.
- Complete rebuild of air conditioning system including new compressor and conversion to R134A refrigerant.
- Replaced a non-working Bose factory radio system with a modern Retrosound head unit featuring iPhone/Android/Bluetooth connectivity. The Bose amplified speakers were also replaced and hidden behind factory grills for a stock look. The original components will be included as part of the sale.
CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW to read the detailed Pre-Purchase Inspection recently completed by a local LemonSquad.com mechanic as well as see the pictures they took during the inspection:
You can click on the link below to see a copy of the CarFax for this Eldorado. As is true with most cars of this vintage and older, the CarFax provides only limited data:
Full disclosure: Two weeks after purchasing this Caddillac, on our way to a local Cars&Coffee event, we hit a deer with the car in a 25mph speed zone. Fortunately, the damage was limited to the front grille and hood trim plate. We’ve since replaced those pieces and pulled out the hood dent as much as possible, so while slightly visible, we’d rather keep the hood as is as it adds to the car’s story.
During our year of owning this Eldorado, we’ve uploaded videos of our progress in keeping this car roadworthy. You can access the playlist here on the GuysWithRides YouTube Channel:
We have one request if you are seriously considering purchasing our Eldorado: this is a low-mileage survivor that we would prefer selling to someone who will store the car indoors when not in use. It would be a crime to keep this car stored outdoors!
THE TABLE AND GRAPHS BELOW ARE FOR ILLUSTRATION ONLY – PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO BID BEFORE NOVEMBER 2ND!