Guess What Ride 41: What Opera Window?
GuessWhatRide is the GuysWithRides.com game designed to test your collector car knowledge. At the height of the Malaise Era in the mid-1970s, mid-size, personal luxury cars were the most popular cars of the day. Half Vinyl Roofs accenting opera windows were a key styling element for every domestic automaker. One of the biggest sellers that year in the segment was the new Chrysler Cordoba pitched by actor Ricardo Montalban.
The collage above contains the images of three 1975 mid-size, personal luxury cars equipped with vinyl tops and opera windows. If you think you can identify which roof is from a 1975 Chrysler Cordoba, pick the correct letter for each one below. All correct answers will be entered into a drawing to win one (1) Sonax Premium Class Carnauba Wax Kit – 200mL Jar with Applicator and Microfiber Cloth – a $70 value courtesy of our friends at Car Care Specialities!
Our Guess What Ride 41 contest ran from Sunday, March, 27 through 11:59 PM Friday, April 1, 2022.
Option A was a 1975 Monte Carlo:
Option B Was a 1975 Ford Elite:
Finally, Option C was a 1975 Dodge Charger Special Edition:
Nearly eighty percent incorrectly chose “C”. While it was a badge-engineered version of Chrysler’s C Body, only the Dodge Charger SE version featured the louvered window. Chrysler Cordoba’s featured a fully open opera window accented by an opera light:
So, the correct answer was in fact “D – None of the Above!” Sorry, given that the contest ended on April Fool’s, we had to make it tricky!
Reader Steve H. was one of only 15% of the respondents who correctly chose “None of the Above.” We contact Steve via email so that our friends at Car Care Specialties can mail him the prize.
If you missed out on playing this Guess What Ride? game, please check our website home page for the latest game!
- No purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry per valid e-mail and computer IP address.
- Offer valid only to residents of continental U.S.
- Only entries registered via the multiple-choice contact form in this post will be entered into the drawing.
- No written replies in either the comments on this website or from Guys With Rides’ social media accounts will be accepted.
- The contest runs for six days starting Sunday, March 27, 2022, and ending at 11:59 PM Friday, April 1, 2022.
- On Saturday, April 2nd, 2022 Guys With Rides will draw one winner from all of the correct entries.
- The winner will be contacted to obtain their snail mail address to have one prize to be determined.
- Immediate family and employees of Guys With Rides Exchange LLC, Sonax, or Car Care Specialties, Inc. are not eligible.
I wanna see those shiny manhole covers Rudy’s workin’ on!
Love seeing the cars that are For Sale everyday.
Keep up the great work.
That’s not fair to these younger readers. Those of us over 55-60 know the answer, but the people born after 1985 haven’t got a clue.
Doug, given that only 15% of the respondents so far answered correctly, the older readers do not know the correct answer either.
What younger readers lack in knowledge, they have the power of Google at their disposal to equalize the playing field.
We confirmed an image search “1975 Mid-Size Personal Luxury Cars” provides images of each car used (and not used) in the contest diagram.
Love your ideas and very clever. Thanks for all you do online. Jay cline
I owned the correct car