Guess What Ride 42: Which V8 Was Most Powerful?
GuessWhatRide is the GuysWithRides.com game designed to test your collector car knowledge. By 1985 the Detroit horsepower war saw a resurgence as new technology helped achieve higher horsepower and torque while meeting modern fuel economy and emissions regulations.
Of the three motors shown in the picture above, which V8 engine shown in the picture produced the most torque in 1985? Choose the correct letter from the choices provided and your email will be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate from our friends at Car Care Specialities!
Using the picture above, correctly identify the letter of the four Muscle Cars shown in the picture above:
We ran this contest during the week of April 3, 2022. While the turbocharged Buick Grand National (Option “B”) produced the most torque of the engines shown, that wasn’t the question! 60% of the respondents fell victim to our trap, while 29% correctly chose Option “C” (1985 Mustang GT) as the most powerful V8! Of these, congrats go to Thomas R. for being chosen at random to win a $50 gift certificate from our friends at Car Care Specialties!
- No purchase is necessary.
- The contest starts Sunday, April 3, 2022, as soon as posted online.
- The contest ends at 11:59 PM Friday, April 8, 2022.
- Only one entry per valid e-mail and IP address.
- Offer valid only to residents of continental U.S.
- Only entries registered via the multiple-choice contact form in this post will be entered into the drawing.
- No written replies in either the comments on this website or from Guys With Rides’ social media accounts will be accepted.
- On Saturday, April 9, 2022, Guys With Rides will draw one winner from all of the correct entries and will be announced via this updated post.
- The winner will be contacted to obtain their snail mail address to have one prize to be determined.
- Immediate family and employees of Guys With Rides Exchange LLC, or Car Care Specialties, Inc. are not eligible.