Guess What Ride 49: 1960 GM Rear Seat Speaker Grilles
GuessWhatRide is the GuysWithRides.com game designed to test your collector car knowledge. In the late 1950s and for much of the 1960s, rear seat speaker grilles were a popular styling element in General Motors (“GM”) full-size convertibles. The collage above contained images from four 1960 GM convertibles. The picture did not represent one of GM’s car divisions that year. Readers were asked to select from a multiple choice question what GM car division was not represented in the picture. While Chevrolet’s cross flag logo made it easy for many to eliminate that brand, the fact Pontiac’s design used a script and the Pontiac spear logo made it easy for us to keep that brand off the collage:
Only one-third of the respondents correctly selected “Pontiac.” All correct answers were entered into a drawing to win one (1) Deltran 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V, 1.25 AMP Charger, and Maintainer fulfilled by Amazon – a $60 value. We’re pleased to report that reader James R. was randomly selected from the correct entries to win the Battery Tender. We’ve reached out to Jim to help fulfill the prize.
While this game is complete, please check back soon for our next “Guess What Ride?” game!
- No purchase is necessary.
- The contest runs from 3:30 PM Wednesday, November 16, 2022, through 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Thursday, November 24, 2022.
- Only one entry per valid e-mail address.
- Offer valid only to residents of continental U.S.
- Only entries registered via the multiple-choice contact form in this post will be entered into the drawing.
- No written replies in either the comments on this website or from Guys With Rides’ social media accounts will be accepted.
- On Friday, November 25, 2022, Guys With Rides will draw one winner from all the correct entries and announce the winner in our Newsletter scheduled that morning. The newsletter will be distributed no later than 8:30 AM Eastern time on November 25, 2022.
- The winner will be contacted to obtain their snail mail address to have one prize to be determined.
- Amazon nor Detran are not sponsors of this contest. GuysWithRides Exchange, LLC will purchase the prize through Amazon.
- Immediate family and employees of Guys With Rides Exchange LLC, Amazon, or Deltran, Inc. are not eligible.