Guess What Ride 52: Early C1 Corvette Test
GuessWhatRide is the GuysWithRides.com game designed to test your classic car knowledge. Chevrolet launched the Corvette for the 1953 model year. This original design lasted three model years (1953, 1954, and 1955).
The picture provided shows two Corvettes from these three model years. From these pictures, can you tell what might be the difference between these two survivor examples? If you think you know the answer, fill out the questionnaire below. All correct answers will be entered in a drawing for a Battery Tender Plus 12 Volt 1.25 Amp Charger and Maintainer, a $60 value we will fulfill via Amazon.
Produced from 1953 through 1955, the original Corvette featured Chevrolet’s “Blue Flame” inline-six powerplant. In 1955, Chevrolet offered the car with the GM Division’s new 265 cubic inch small block V8. Other than opening the hood, the quickest way to tell whether a 1955 Corvette features the V8 is the gold “V” implanted in the front fender scripts.
Rudy filmed the survivor-quality 1954 and 1955 Corvettes at Barry’s Car Barn in Intercourse, Pennsylvania. While the pictures don’t depict it well, both cars are, in fact, Polo White. If you look closely at the top picture, that is the 1955 featuring a gold “V” in the script. That was the answer we were looking for.
We ran this quiz from November 12 through November 20, 2023, and roughly 60% of the respondents got it right:
The emails of the correct responses received were then entered into a random drawing. From these, reader Doug L. was the winner of the Battery Tender! We’ve contacted Doug to send him the Battery Tender via Amazon Fulfillment.
While this quiz has ended, please check our website’s main menu for our latest “Guess What Ride? quiz.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry per valid e-mail address.
- Offer valid only to residents of continental U.S.
- The quiz runs from Sunday, November 12, 2023, through 11:59 PM Monday, November 20, 2023.
- Only entries registered via the multiple-choice contact form in this post will be entered into the drawing.
- No written replies in either the comments on this website or from Guys With Rides’ social media accounts will be accepted.
- On Tuesday, November 21, 2023, Guys With Rides will randomly draw one winner from all the correct entries and keep a record on file.
- The winner will be contacted to obtain their snail mail address for one prize to be shipped directly to them via Amazon fulfillment.
- Immediate family and Guys With Rides Exchange employees, Deltran, or Amazon are not eligible.
- Neither Amazon nor Deltran sponsored this quiz. GuysWithRides is purchasing the prize via Amazon and will have it shipped directly to the winning name randomly drawn from the entrants received.