Pricing and Payment Terms
GuysWithRides.com Pricing and Payment Terms
We aim to offer the lowest and simplest listing fees in the collector car world.
Lower Fees = More Buying Power
Sellers pay $100 if vehicle sells during the 14-day Reserved Parking Exclusives–Make Offer Period
Sellers pay for mandatory Pre-Purchase Inspection* only if vehicle does not sell during the 14-Day Reserved Parking Exclusives–Make Offer Period.
Buyers pay the lowest fees† in the industry: 2.5% of the hammer price (i.e., the highest offer amount), subject to a $225 minimum and $1,000 maximum!
The Guys With Rides “Reserved Parking Exclusives—Make Offer” Listing:
Day 1 through Day 14 (Exclusive Listing): the Seller’s vehicle participates in an online silent auction. Potential Buyers will register and submit their best offers. While offer values will remain confidential to both Buyers and Sellers, as GuysWithRides receives offers, a graph will show the ranges of prices received based on either the then-current Hagerty Insurance or Collector Car Market Review condition price estimates for the vehicle.
- If an offer meets or exceeds the vehicle’s Reserve by the end of the 14-day auction period:
- The Seller pays only $100 (and the Pre-Purchase Inspection is free).
- The Winning Buyer pays 2.5% of the hammer price.‡ The minimum Buyer fee is $225, and the maximum Buyer fee is $1,000.
- If the vehicle does not sell during the Reserved Parking Exclusives—Make Offer period:
- The Seller is not charged any listing fee.
- Instead, the Seller is only charged the cost for the pre-purchase inspection provided by LemonSquad.com (typically $249 for classic cars). Upon payment, GuysWithRides will provide a usable copy that the Seller can use anywhere they choose to continue trying to sell their vehicle.
Day 15 Until Sold: if Seller’s vehicle does not sell during the Reserved Parking Exclusives—Make Offer period, the Seller is not charged (other than $250 for the PPI report), and Seller is free to either continue offering their car on the Site’s “Cars Still Available” page or market their collector car elsewhere. If a Seller chooses to keep their car listed on GuysWithRides, we will:
- Change the price posted from “Make Offer” to the previously agreed to Reserve price, a higher price, or a lower price consistent with the offers received; however, we will only post a price lower than the Reserve with the Seller’s prior permission.
- Revise the listing to include the Seller’s contact information.
- Not charge either the Seller or the Buyer for this service.
If the Seller no longer wants their vehicle marketed on GuysWithRides, the Company may move the listing to the site’s “Did Not Sell” page with no contact information listed.
* Pre-purchase inspections (“PPI”) are performed by LemonSquad.com and/or its affiliates. Sellers can instead provide GuysWithRides with their own recent, PPI report from a similarly recognized and reputable inspection source; however, GuysWithRides maintains full discretion to determine if an alternate PPI source meets our standards.
† As compared to other major classic car auction-facilitation websites.
‡ Note, Buyers are also responsible for all applicable taxes, transportation fees, insurance, title, and other fees associated with a transfer of the vehicle to the Winning Buyer. GuysWithRides does not collect or facilitate any of these ancillary fees.