Last modified: September 1st, 2019
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On or through the Service, including on this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Service;
- Through mobile and desktop applications offered as part of the Service, including those that you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Service; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Service is not intended for or directed to persons under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users of the Service. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on or through the Service or this Website or on or through any of their respective features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Service, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Service or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information You Provide to Us
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified (“Personally Identifiable Information”), such as first and last name, postal, shipping, billing and/or other physical address, e-mail address, telephone or cell phone number, other contact information, credit card number and expiration date, information about your vehicle and its history, screen name(s), shirt size, any other Personally Identifiable Information you provide in your communications to prospective buyers or sellers made through the Service, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- that is about you or your interaction with the Service but that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”), such as the browser you use, the type of computer or device you use, the operating system that you use and other technical information about the means you use to connect to the Service, including your internet service provider, the equipment you use to access the Service, your usage details, and other similar information.
Personally Identifiable Information
We collect Personally Identifiable Information about you only when you choose to provide it or otherwise make it available to us on the Service, including when you:
- Register for the Service;
- List a vehicle for sale;
- Purchase or otherwise order merchandise or services through the Service;
- Subscribe to our newsletter;
- Respond to a survey concerning the Company and/or the Service;
- Fill out a form on or through the Service;
- Enter a contest, sweepstakes or promotion offered through the Service;
- Contact us by email; or
- Participate in other activities, services, features or resources we make available on or through the Service.
The provision by you of your Personally Identifiable Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use the Service, such as the information necessary for the listing of vehicles for auction or trade or the submission of bids or trade offers for listed vehicles.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Service, including discussion forums, comment fields and social media areas, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages of the Website, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Please be advised that, if you choose to post User Content to any of the interactive areas of the Service, such as discussion forums, comments fields and social media areas, the information that you post can be seen, collected, and used by anyone who has access to those areas. The Company is not responsible for any third-party use of such information.
From time to time, we may offer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions through the Service. In order to enter, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as your name, phone number, address, date of birth and email address), which information will be used to contact you if you win. We may also use this information for marketing or other purposes and we may share this information with any:
- Co-sponsor of the contest, sweepstakes or promotion; or
- Shipping or fulfillment companies or other third-party services providers that help administer the contest, sweepstakes or promotion.
If you do not want us to collect the information requested in the contest, sweepstakes or promotion, or to provide it to co-sponsors or other third party service providers assisting with such contest, sweepstakes or promotion, do not enter the contest, sweepstakes or promotion.
We may also conduct surveys of our users to better understand them and their use of and satisfaction with the Service. We may engage third-party research firms to conduct these surveys on our behalf. Any Personally Identifiable Information that you submit in response to a survey conducted by or on behalf of the Company will not be shared with any company other than the research firm conducting the survey without your consent. We may, however, aggregate, on an anonymous basis, the information that you provide in response to the survey with that of other users who are participating in the survey and use that anonymous information for any purpose, provided that you are not personally identified.
We may also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the pages you request.
Personally Identifiable Information about you may also be provided to us by third parties. For example, if you access the Service through a third-party connection or log-in, such as Facebook, or by “following” or “liking” the Service or linking your account to the Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.) to the Company. This information could include, among other things, the user ID associated with your account, any information you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You control the Personally Identifiable Information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable third-party site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the Personally Identifiable Information retained by the respective third-party site about you. By associating an account managed by a third-party site with your account on the Service and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these third-party sites in accordance with this policy. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site. You are encouraged to review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
As you navigate through and interact with the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, search queries, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, internet service provider, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personally Identifiable Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personally Identifiable Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized Service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Service according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, among others:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- Web Beacons.Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personally Identifiable Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us. For information about how you can limit the use of behavioral tracking or other automatic data collection technologies that we may use, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, your browser’s width and height, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. The third-party analytics services may aggregate the data they collect with data they collect from other websites to enhance their offering of analytical services, but will not use any information they collect for any directed marketing purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personally Identifiable Information:
- To provide our Service, including our Website and its contents, to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Service, including our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service; and
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Guys With Rides Exchange LLC may use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personally Identifiable Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising.If you do not want us to share your Personally Identifiable Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Service by sending us an email stating your request to:
- Promotional Offers from the Company.If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Service and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com . If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of an auction or exchange, service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. Since Guys With Rides Exchange LLC does not allow nor contract with any third party advertisers on our website, we do not use information that we collect to deliver advertisements.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 5 Colts Lane, Flemington, NJ 08822
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personally Identifiable Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service like message boards. The information you share in public areas of the Service may be viewed by any person with access to the Service. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personally Identifiable Information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of Personally Identifiable Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.